PR & Marketing
Bringing Outdoor, Hands-on Education to Downtown Toronto.
A preK-grade 8 school in downtown Toronto, Waldorf Academy knew it needed to boost enrollment on its urban campus. The school approached us after participating in a two-day AWSNA workshop on Storytelling Marketing led by Lynne Golodner. We set out to create a Marketing Strategy based on a thorough Audit of the school’s brand presence. From there, we sought to begin implementation, with a goal of coaching school employees to eventually take over the Marketing process from within.
Lynne also presented a Professional Development seminar to school faculty and staff via Zoom, to bring everyone into the process of marketing the school. The seminar focused on building confidence to tell a great brand story, even in trying times.
When the COVID-19 pandemic shuttered schools around the world, Waldorf Academy scaled back its contract to focus solely on PR Coaching & Media Relations. Your People meets weekly with school staff to review Social Media content and planning, and to discuss messaging. We have also provided crisis messaging throughout the pandemic as well as guidance on how to approach crisis situations
Our work with Waldorf Academy has included the following:
- Conducted a thorough Marketing Audit and presented rules in a PowerPoint
- Presented a Professional Development seminar to faculty & staff focused on Storytelling Marketing & Building Confidence to Market with Optimism
- Created a Social Media Strategy & coached staff on Best Practices
- Pitched media outlets and secured placements in a variety of media
- Advised on Digital Advertising, E-blast creation and distribution, and Website
- Wrote blogs to publish on the school website
- Provided Crisis Communications consulting and created Crisis Messaging
Jane Lavelle Farris, Interim Facilitator, Waldorf Academy, Toronto
Jennifer Deathe, Waldorf Academy Toronto
Additional Case Studies
Case Study The Civility Project:Brand Development Brand Development & Marketing Taking a concept and creating a brand around it, establishing the brand story and identity, facilitating all Marketing activities. When celebrated journalists and long-time friends Nolan...
Case Study Walsh College:Strategy & Public Relations Telling the story of professional development at a business collegeFor several years, Your People LLC was one of three agencies supporting Walsh College in its Marketing and Public Relations efforts. Our focus...
Case Study Detroit Waldorf School:Storytelling & Messaging Aligning Marketing efforts with the unique aspects of Waldorf Education.When Your People LLC Founder/Chief Creative Officer Lynne Golodner enrolled her youngest son at Detroit Waldorf School in 2014, she...