Case Study Detroit Waldorf School:Storytelling & Messaging Aligning Marketing efforts with the unique aspects of Waldorf Education.When Your People LLC Founder/Chief Creative Officer Lynne Golodner enrolled her youngest son at Detroit Waldorf School in 2014, she...
Jewish Senior Life
Jewish Senior Life:
Messaging, Marketing & Media
To drive inquiries & brand-building for a senior residential community.
Jewish Senior Life came to Your People LLC in 2012, seeking assistance in Public Relations & Marketing Communications. That began what became a five-year relationship. During that time, we guided this nonprofit serving seniors in community, memory care, and independent programming in a variety of functions.
Including the functions listed below…
- Weekly e-blasts – We designed and created messaging for a weekly email newsletter that disseminated to residents and their families, community members, donors, and collaborating partners.
- Social media – We guided the creation of social media platforms and populated with content, while bringing together various social media pages representing parts of this organization in consistent, cohesive messaging that connected all aspects of the organization.
- Media relations – We achieved media exposure for key events and newsworthy topics, including op-Eds establishing thought leadership on seniors, aging, and nonprofit leadership.
- Media training – We prepared JSL leadership in advance of media interviews, coordinating preparation for best outcomes. We also coordinated with media individuals in advance of interviews, providing adequate background information and research to ease their efforts.
- Press conferences – We planned and led press conferences to establish new programs, including the launch of an Elder Abuse prevention effort and shelter. These events included political leaders, community officials, leaders in the senior programming realm and other officials.
- Messaging development – Several times during the course of our work together, we developed foundational content to guide the organization’s messaging through all communication channels.
- Event planning – We planned events to bring new people into the JSL world and to bring JSL into the wider consciousness. One such event was a latke cook-off, where participants competed for the designation of best potato pancake. A panel of food journalists judged the competition, leading to greater coverage of the culinary expertise of JSL.
- Website creation – We revised the Jewish Senior Life website twice during the tenure of our work together, bringing it into the 21st century with a compelling editable slide show on the home page and a design theme that matched new branding. We used WordPress to facilitate easy editing from within.
- Website content development – We developed a website map and content for the recommended pages to adequately and appropriately tell the Jewish Senior Life story.
- Website management – We maintained the JSL website in concert with JSL staff, adding content, changing images, and expanding the organization’s storytelling in real time.
- Community outreach – We developed opportunities to bring the community into Jewish Senior Life and build connections between new sectors of the community and this vibrant organization.
- Relationship-building – We created new relationships and deepened existing ones between Jewish Senior Life leadership and programs, and the community at-large, including the media.
- Photography – We created compelling photography of JSL events and individuals to use in marketing and communications efforts, and to chronicle the growth and impact of JSL programs.
- Leadership development – We worked with Jewish Senior Life leaders on messaging and how to strongly represent this meaningful community organization.
- Board meeting presentations – We presented to the Jewish Senior Life Board on our progress in the realm of marketing, messaging, and media.
- Program messaging development – We developed messaging for various Jewish Senior Life programs as a way of communicating with the community at-large and developing expanded relationships on behalf of the organization.
We landed this coverage with WXYZ Channel 7 Detroit to showcase the opening of Jewish Senior Life’s new Elder Abuse Shelter.
Rochelle Upfal, former CEO, Jewish Senior Life
“Absolutely outstanding! You worked major magic (all skill) to make the stars align. Thank you for a truly extraordinary (press conference) day and experience. You prepared us, put us at ease and connected all of the dots.”
Additional Case Studies
Detroit Waldorf School
City of Huntington Woods
Case Study The City of Huntington Woods:Communications & Public Relations Creating an open flow of messaging between the city and residentsIn late 2018, the city of Huntington Woods sought a professional to help manage the messaging and media outreach for a...
Fred Astaire Dance Studio
Case Study Fred Astaire Dance Studio:Recognizing the Value of Media Relations Fred Astaire Dance Studio Hosts First U.S. Para Dance TrainingSince 2012, Your People has succeeded in repeatedly captivating the public through strategic media placements featuring FADS...